Head of People
Tray.io is ushering in the era of the Automated Organization
We believe that any organization can and should automate. With Tray, citizen automators throughout organizations can easily automate complex processes through a powerful, flexible platform, and can connect their entire cloud stack thanks to APIs. Today businesses like IBM, Forbes and Lyft rely on Tray to connect, process, and automate data between the tools they use everyday.
You’ll contribute directly to this mission with a team that fully supports you to do your best work. You’ll join humble, but fiercely ambitious, people like yourself who also take great pride in what they do, working in a culture built on friendship, transparency, and above all, looking out for one another. You’ll also have endless opportunities to learn and grow professionally in a fun, fast-paced, and open environment...and to make your mark at an rapidly-growing company positioned to completely reinvent a multibillion-dollar industry.
"With Tray, we have a group of experts who can help us explore all the possibilities we haven’t even thought of yet.” - Mike Atwood, Executive Director, Client Success / Vox Media
“I can’t emphasize enough just how good the Tray folks are at what they do.” - David Dorman, Director of Growth and Demand / DigitalOcean
As the Head of People, you will ensure Tray is a fantastic place to work, learn and grow. We are passionate about our workplace, and the platform it provides to enable great people to do their best work.
You will champion and evolve our inclusive culture & values by managing and designing processes and programs to help us build a world-class organization. We are firm believers in building a strong company from within and are looking for someone who can support us on this journey.
You will manage the people & facilities team from our HQ in San Francisco and will report to the CEO.
- Supporting, engaging and championing the Tray team.
- Ensuring our culture is deeply rooted in our onboarding, people and culture functions.
- Working closely with our leadership team to support all HR matters (performance reviews, coaching, learning programs, recruitment)
- Building a people team community that scales with a fast growing organization
- Implementing new processes, technologies, and workflows that will help us grow and maintain an excellent experience for our team
- Previous experience in leading a sizable HR / People team at a high-growth startup.
- A strong passion and conviction for how high performing organizations are built and examples of previous successes implementing your vision.
- Deep understanding of foundational HR work and platforms (payroll, compensation, benefits, legal) and performance management to employee relations and coaching. (bonus points for additional UK experience).
- Experience building coaching and mentorship programmes
- A hard to explain feeling about a well-implemented onboarding process!
- You'll enjoy coming to work because we have a refreshing company culture that is open, hungry, fun, and global
- A best-in-class product that in one of the fastest-growing & largest market segments
- Access to some of the most innovative companies in the world
- Substantial long-term upside with stock options at a ground-floor opportunity in a category-defining company that is moving into scale mode
- Read about the standard bennies here: https://tray.io/jobs
Tray.io is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.