Technical Talent Manager (Contract)
Tray.io is ushering in the era of the automated organisation
We believe that any organisation can and should automate. With Tray.io, citizen automators throughout organisations can easily automate complex processes through a powerful, flexible platform, and can connect their entire cloud stack thanks to APIs. Today businesses like IBM, GitHub, Forbes, Lyft, and Digital Ocean rely on Tray.io to connect and automate data flow between the tools they use every day. With Tray.io visual workflow builder our customers create automations to drive their business processes without writing a single line of code. Our challenge is to build a cutting-edge product that is powerful and complete while also being beautiful and easy to use.
You'll contribute directly to this mission with a team that fully supports you to do your best work. You'll join humble but fiercely ambitious people like yourself, who also take great pride in what they do, working in a culture built on friendship, transparency, and above all, looking out for one another. You'll have endless opportunities to learn and grow professionally in a fun, fast-paced, and open environment. Plus, you'll get to make your mark at a rapidly-growing company positioned to completely reinvent a multibillion-dollar industry.
"With Tray, we have a group of experts who can help us explore all the possibilities we haven’t even thought of yet.” - Mike Atwood, Executive Director, Client Success / Vox Media
“I can’t emphasize enough just how good the Tray folks are at what they do.” - David Dorman, Director of Growth and Demand / DigitalOcean
As Talent Manager at Tray.io, you will lead the charge on building a brilliant team. Your role will focus on creating, deploying and scaling our hiring process, working closely with hiring managers and senior technical leads to support growth in all areas of the company.
You will be the guardian of our Employer Brand, a creative force within the team who will come up with creative ways to help us increase our visibility among the London tech industry. You will also be working on Diversity and Inclusion initiatives to help Tray.io stay at the top of innovation in our field.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone creative and very proactive who wants to work in a thriving startup environment and play a pivotal role in a rapidly growing team.
- Partner with senior stakeholders to ensure that we are building strong teams of top talent that fit our culture at Tray.io.
- Be hands-on with end to end recruitment; from defining job descriptions to the first day at the office. At Tray.io we strive to provide the best candidate experience in the industry.
- Participate in recruiting initiatives, including interviewer training to ensure accurate calibration of talent, the design of a scalable hiring process, standardised assessment processes, and outstanding candidate experience.
- Manage jobs through our ATS (Workable), through monitoring, progress reporting and analysing data to improve the whole candidate experience.
- Develop and implement creative methods to attract and source top talent, building and maintaining passive and active talent pools for a range of technical roles across the business.
- You should be the champion of an amazing candidate experience. This includes evangelizing an outstanding process within hiring teams, thorough strategy meetings, interview debriefs, and process re-calibration when necessary.
- Articulate our business mission and core values in ways that resonate with candidates, presenting an accurate view of life at Tray.io.
- Work with Hiring Managers and C level management to create an innovative employer brand strategy.
- Be our Diversity Champion and create initiatives that will help Tray.io attract a diverse and strong workforce.
- Extensive recruitment experience in tech startups with exposure to a high volume and fast-paced environment is an absolute must.
- Experience partnering with and advising hiring managers on recruiting decisions, processes and initiatives to attract the very best engineers.
- A balanced approach when screening and assessing the chemistry of a candidate’s fit for a position and their motivation alongside selling an opportunity.
- Fantastic organisation skills with a methodical approach alongside a flexible attitude towards change.
- An inquisitive mind and demonstrable examples of implementing proactive solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to work effectively with employees at all levels.
- Be creative and highly independent. At Tray.io we love to provide full ownership to our teams so you’ll need to be very proactive and bring new ideas to the table for problems we didn’t even knew existed.
- A passion for all things tech and startups.
- A systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with data-driven strategies applied to Talent Management.
- Experience with organisational design, Employee relations, diversity and all things people.
Our current tech stack:
- PostgreSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, AWS SQS, AWS Kinesis
- Docker, Terraform, AWS Lambda, Serverless Framework
- Jenkins, Grafana, Prometheus
- AWS & Linux
Working at Tray.io offers many perks, but most importantly we are a talented team with a passion for the product we are building.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unrestricted holiday policy & work from home days
- Flexible working hours
- A fun and supportive working environment
- Top of the range equipment budget
- Drinks fridge & stocked kitchen
- Social events (team breakfasts/lunches, evenings out & trips)
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private healthcare
- 50% off Virgin Active gym membership
Tray.io is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.