Tray.io is ushering in the era of the automated organisation
We believe that any organisation can and should automate. With Tray.io, citizen automators throughout organisations can easily automate complex processes through a powerful, flexible platform, and can connect their entire cloud stack thanks to APIs. Today businesses like IBM, GitHub, Forbes, Lyft, and DigitalOcean rely on Tray.io to connect and automate data flow between the tools they use every day. With Tray.io’s visual workflow builder our customers create automations to drive their business processes without writing a single line of code. Our challenge is to build a cutting-edge product that is powerful and complete while also being beautiful and easy to use.
You'll contribute directly to this mission with a team that fully supports you to do your best work. You'll join humble but fiercely ambitious people like yourself, who also take great pride in what they do, working in a culture built on friendship, transparency, and above all, looking out for one another. You'll have endless opportunities to learn and grow professionally in a fun, fast-paced, and open environment. Plus, you'll get to make your mark at a rapidly-growing company positioned to completely reinvent a multibillion-dollar industry.
Tray.io’s infrastructure processes millions of requests per day and is a mission-critical component of our customers' businesses. As a Technical Writer working on the Platform team at Tray.io, you’ll be part of a team responsible for designing, building and running the software and systems which underpin our large-scale, real-time, distributed infrastructure.
You’ll be responsible for making sure that our users have the information and resources they need to use our Platform successfully, from getting started with workflows to using our APIs, and understanding how to use our more advanced offerings such as OEM partnerships, Single Sign-On deployments and other advanced features.
You’ll focus on user-facing documentation, but also might work on command-line help, copy and contribute to our web UIs, blog posts, and more. You’ll write, improve, maintain, review, and delete documentation, in collaboration with engineers, QAs, and product managers. We have a strong culture of developers contributing to our docs, so collaborating with developers on what they write is a big part of the job.
You’ll also keep a close eye on user feedback, and use it to prioritise what technical writing work we should do next, and to advocate for improvements to the Tray.io Platform and workflows.
- Solid experience writing user-facing documentation.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability to learn about complex technical topics and explain them clearly.
- Ability to empathise with your target audience, and advocate for them.
- Experience reviewing other people’s writing and giving constructive feedback.
- Experience working in an agile software development environment.
- Practical experience with software version control systems.
- Coding experience, and ability to write code snippets.
Our current tech stack:
- PostgreSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, AWS SQS, AWS Kinesis
- Docker, Terraform, AWS Lambda, Serverless Framework
- Jenkins, Grafana, Prometheus
- AWS & Linux
Working at Tray.io offers many perks, but most importantly we are a talented team with a real passion for the product we are building.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unrestricted holiday policy & work from home days
- Flexible working hours
- A fun and supportive working environment
- Top of the range equipment budget
- Drinks fridge & stocked kitchen
- Social events (team breakfasts/lunches, evenings out & trips)
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private healthcare
- 50% off Virgin Active gym membership
Tray.io is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.