Systems Software Engineer
Tray.io is ushering in the era of the automated organisation
We believe that any organisation can and should automate. With Tray.io, citizen automators throughout organisations can easily automate complex processes through a powerful, flexible platform, and can connect their entire cloud stack thanks to APIs. Today businesses like IBM, GitHub, Forbes, Lyft, and Digital Ocean rely on Tray.io to connect and automate data flow between the tools they use every day. With Tray.io visual workflow builder our customers create automations to drive their business processes without writing a single line of code. Our challenge is to build a cutting-edge product that is powerful and complete while also being beautiful and easy to use.
You'll contribute directly to this mission with a team that fully supports you to do your best work. You'll join humble but fiercely ambitious people like yourself, who also take great pride in what they do, working in a culture built on friendship, transparency, and above all, looking out for one another. You'll have endless opportunities to learn and grow professionally in a fun, fast-paced, and open environment. Plus, you'll get to make your mark at a rapidly-growing company positioned to completely reinvent a multibillion-dollar industry.
As Systems Software Engineer at Tray.io, you will contribute to the design, construction, and maintenance of the infrastructure that runs our cutting-edge technology platform. You'll play a vital role in keeping our systems healthy and secure and strive for world-class uptime and performance.
- Maintain and improve our PaaS that allows customers to run integrations at scale.
- Build, maintain and improve our infrastructure, from AWS Lambda functions to large Elasticsearch clusters.
- Maintain and improve monitoring solution that allows us to eliminate actionable alarms.
- Prioritise improvements to our systems based on metrics you collect.
- Automate everything and sit back as machines do all the work.
- Take control of production, staging and internal infrastructure and services.
- Ensure high availability and fault tolerance of our platform.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Understanding of different deployment processes (e.g. Blue-green, rolling)
- Experience with IaaS providers (preferably AWS).
- Knowledge of infrastructure best practices (e.g. Immutable infrastructure, KISS).
- Experience with infrastructure tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, and Ansible
- Experience with clustering and containerisation technologies (e.g Docker, Kubernetes).
- Expertise in designing, analysing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Solid understanding of network protocols
- Knowledge of Linux operating system and its internals.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to troubleshoot network and application issues
- Experience with one or more of the following languages: Python, Perl, C, Go.
Our current tech stack:
- PostgreSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, Cassandra
- Docker, Terraform
- Jenkins, Grafana, Prometheus
- AWS & Linux
Working at Tray.io offers many perks, but most importantly we are a talented team with a passion for the product we are building.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unrestricted holiday policy & work from home days
- Flexible working hours
- A fun and supportive working environment
- Top of the range equipment budget
- Drinks fridge & stocked kitchen
- Social events (team breakfasts/lunches, evenings out & trips)
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private healthcare
- 50% off Virgin Active gym membership
Tray.io is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.