Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
TRAY.IO IS USHERING IN THE ERA OF THE AUTOMATED ORGANISATION
We believe that any organisation can and should automate. With Tray.io, citizen automators throughout organisations can easily automate complex processes through a powerful, flexible platform, and can connect their entire cloud stack thanks to APIs. Today businesses like IBM, GitHub, Forbes, Lyft, and DigitalOcean rely on Tray.io to connect and automate data flow between the tools they use every day. With Tray.io’s visual workflow builder our customers create automations to drive their business processes without writing a single line of code. Our challenge is to build a cutting-edge product that is powerful and complete while also being beautiful and easy to use.∂
You'll contribute directly to this mission with a team that fully supports you to do your best work. You'll join humble but fiercely ambitious people like yourself, who also take great pride in what they do, working in a culture built on friendship, transparency, and above all, looking out for one another. You'll have endless opportunities to learn and grow professionally in a fun, fast-paced, and open environment. Plus, you'll get to make your mark at a rapidly-growing company positioned to completely reinvent a multibillion-dollar industry.
Tray.io’s backend infrastructure processes millions of requests per day and is a mission-critical component of our customers' businesses. As a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) working in the Platform team at Tray.io, you’ll be part of a team responsible for designing, building and running the software and systems which underpin our large-scale, real-time, distributed infrastructure. We expect you to build flexible services and tooling which allows Tray.io to rapidly scale whilst delivering a seamless experience to our customers.
The Platform team is responsible for providing a production environment where connectors integrations and automations can run reliably and at scale. This involves dealing with compute providers, networking, packaging, storage, monitoring, logging, and security. This necessitates building the services and APIs that expose these services to internal and external users of our infrastructure.
Your role will focus on the planning, development and maintenance of automated tests infrastructure for our product. You will take responsibility for testing all aspects of our product from the user signup process to complex interactions with our web-based application and APIs.
- Maintain and expand our existing E2E Test Framework and its underlying infrastructure. The test environment is currently based on Selenium WebDriverJs running as a Node.js app in Docker containers managed by a Jenkins automation server.
- Take ownership of product releases and assure their success
- Develop and apply test procedures, methodologies and tools to ensure the stability and quality of our platform
- Perform effective exploratory testing
- Integrate tightly with the engineering team
- Contribute to product decisions
- Play a key role in defining our deployment processes
- Solid experience with software testing of Web Applications throughout the entire software development cycle
- Experience with Node.js end-to-end test automation using Selenium, WebdriverIO and Cypress
- Experience with source control (e.g. Git)
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Knowledge of SaaS services and REST API's
- Strong desire to work on a complex product
- Experience with Node.js development
- Experience with Docker
Our current tech stack:
- PostgreSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, AWS SQS, AWS Kinesis
- Docker, Terraform, AWS Lambda, Serverless Framework
- Jenkins, Grafana, Prometheus
- AWS & Linux
Working at Tray.io offers many perks, but most importantly we are a talented team with a passion for the product we are building.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unrestricted holiday policy & work from home days
- Flexible working hours
- A fun and supportive working environment
- Top of the range equipment budget
- Drinks fridge & stocked kitchen
- Social events (team breakfasts/lunches, evenings out & trips)
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private healthcare
- 50% off Virgin Active gym membership
Tray.io is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.