Junior Backend Software Engineer
Tray.io is ushering in the era of the automated organisation
We believe that any organisation can and should automate. With Tray.io, citizen automators throughout organisations can easily automate complex processes through a powerful, flexible platform, and can connect their entire cloud stack thanks to APIs. Today businesses like IBM, GitHub, Forbes, Lyft, and Digital Ocean rely on Tray.io to connect and automate data flow between the tools they use every day. With Tray.io visual workflow builder our customers create automations to drive their business processes without writing a single line of code. Our challenge is to build a cutting-edge product that is powerful and complete while also being beautiful and easy to use.
You'll contribute directly to this mission with a team that fully supports you to do your best work. You'll join humble but fiercely ambitious people like yourself, who also take great pride in what they do, working in a culture built on friendship, transparency, and above all, looking out for one another. You'll have endless opportunities to learn and grow professionally in a fun, fast-paced, and open environment. Plus, you'll get to make your mark at a rapidly-growing company positioned to completely reinvent a multibillion-dollar industry.
Tray.io backend infrastructure processes millions of requests per day and is a mission-critical component of our customers' businesses. As a Software Engineer working in the Platform team at Tray.io, you’ll contribute to designing, building and running the software and systems which underpin our large-scale, real-time, distributed infrastructure. We expect you to build flexible services and tooling which allows Tray.io to rapidly scale whilst delivering a seamless experience to our customers.
The Platform team is responsible for providing a production environment where connectors integrations and automations can run reliably and at scale. This involves dealing with compute providers, networking, packaging, storage, monitoring, logging, and security. This necessitates building the services and APIs that expose these services to internal and external users of our infrastructure.
- Developing flexible services & tooling that allow people to store and run integrations at scale
- Building internal and external facing tooling and API’s that allow our users to fluidly build on our platform
- Working collaboratively with Product managers to deliver key security, scalability and reliability features
- Bolster a motivated, high-performing team
- Automate the testing and deployment of your work
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Knowledge of at least one programming language related to the ones we use (e.g. Scala, Java, Kotlin, Groovy, Go)
- The desire to learn, improve and work together
- Good knowledge of internet networking and performance
- Passionate about troubleshooting, debugging, and automation
- An irrational passion for building distributed systems
- Experience building web services and APIs
- Passion for performance and tuning
- Experience with clustering technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, CoreOS, Mesos)
- Previous IaaS or PaaS experience
Our current tech stack:
- PostgreSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, AWS SQS, AWS Kinesis
- Docker, Terraform, AWS Lambda, Serverless Framework
- Jenkins, Grafana, Prometheus
- AWS & Linux
Working at Tray.io offers many perks, but most importantly we are a talented team with a passion for the product we are building.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unrestricted holiday policy & work from home days
- Flexible working hours
- A fun and supportive working environment
- Top of the range equipment budget
- Drinks fridge & stocked kitchen
- Social events (team breakfasts/lunches, evenings out & trips)
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private healthcare
- 50% off Virgin Active gym membership
Tray.io is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.