Manual Test Engineer
TRAY.IO IS USHERING IN THE ERA OF THE AUTOMATED ORGANISATION
We believe that any organisation can and should automate. With Tray.io, citizen automators throughout organisations can easily automate complex processes through a powerful, flexible platform, and can connect their entire cloud stack thanks to APIs. Today businesses like IBM, GitHub, Forbes, Lyft, and DigitalOcean rely on Tray.io to connect and automate data flow between the tools they use every day. With Tray.io’s visual workflow builder our customers create automations to drive their business processes without writing a single line of code. Our challenge is to build a cutting-edge product that is powerful and complete while also being beautiful and easy to use.
You'll contribute directly to this mission with a team that fully supports you to do your best work. You'll join humble but fiercely ambitious people like yourself, who also take great pride in what they do, working in a culture built on friendship, transparency, and above all, looking out for one another. You'll have endless opportunities to learn and grow professionally in a fun, fast-paced, and open environment. Plus, you'll get to make your mark at a rapidly-growing company positioned to completely reinvent a multibillion-dollar industry.
Tray.io is a visual programming tool for APIs. It’s a low-code user experience that allows anyone to precisely instrument the data flow between SaaS tools.
The Tray.io platform is a system with lots of moving parts and we need a hands-on Manual tester who makes sure that everything happens as “programmed.” In the backend it allows you to authenticate against hundreds of different SaaS product and securely map data between them and the front-end provides a simple drag & drop interface that allows non-technical users to create workflows that navigate the path of the data through powerful workflows.
You will be responsible for the quality of new features to our user interface, new connectors between services as well as making sure that previously released functionality is still working. Tray.io is an open and vibrant company, and thus we are looking for QAs who can think on their feet and will get actively engaged in the process of creating new features. You will test new features not just for bugs but also for the usability factor. You will provide feedback to the team when something is not clear to the user on how to use.
If you encounter a bug, you will write a report on what is broken, including detailed steps on how to reproduce the behaviour. You will not just report the bug but also find out why the bug occurs so that our development process can advance in a timely fashion.
In your testing, you will discover edge cases and have an eye out for unusual user activity. You will try to break the app and unravel issues outside of the application’s “happy path”, thanks to your detailed knowledge of our whole application.
Also, you will contribute to the vision and to the future direction of our product, and also collaborate on a strategy on explorative projects and improvements to our existing workflows and toolchains. Proactiveness and entrepreneurship will be important components for your role. Above all, we really value creativity and the ability to find unique solutions to solve everyday problems. We are a young startup and you will have the opportunity and freedom to shape the way we work.
Who you are:
- You are flexible, since you will have the chance of helping and working across different multidisciplinary teams.
- You are an active team player who is willing to help others and acts in a committed and reliable way.
- You are curious and enjoy working with others.
- You are independent. You take ownership from your processes and you know what you need to do.
- You are not afraid to ask and provide your input.
- You are a proactive, detail-oriented person with a positive attitude.
- Work with our Tech Leads, Software Engineers, Automation Engineers and other stakeholders to develop, document, improve and implement best practice SQA (Software Quality Assurance) processes.
- Find & manage the resolution of bugs/defects by proactively identifying risks to management.
- Introduce pragmatic test strategies, structure, quality success, test standards and test documentation
- Strong experience of hands-on manual testing web apps.
- We want our Manual testers to have valuable input on the usability of our platform so an interest interest in user experience and the product is a must.
- Proven knowledge of how single page web apps work, i.e. inspecting network requests and console output on errors: we want QAs not just to report what is broken, but ideally to have an idea why.
- Basic knowledge of APIs: what they are and how they work.
- Familiar with testing responsive websites and across browsers.
- Good communication skills, both in speaking and writing.
- Strong attention to detail - but knowing when it is better to take a step back and focus on the big picture.
- Ability to prioritise what is urgent and what is important according to the business’ needs.
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins, CircleCI, TeamCity and the like to help us out with steering releases.
- Accessibility testing in compliance with the WCAG / ARIA guidelines.
- Experience in common software development methodologies including Agile, Scrum and Kanban.
Working at Tray.io offers many perks, but most importantly we are a talented team with a passion for the product we are building.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unrestricted holiday policy & work from home days
- Flexible working hours
- A fun and supportive working environment
- Top of the range equipment budget
- Drinks fridge & stocked kitchen
- Social events (team breakfasts/lunches, evenings out & trips)
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private healthcare
- 50% off Virgin Active gym membership
Tray.io is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.