Senior Accountant, Revenue
Tray.io is seeking a highly self-motivated senior account who will perform contract review, oversee the billing and collection processes, and provide accurate information in the monthly financial reporting process.
Reporting to the VP Finance, the individual will work with cross-functional teams to help develop and implement processes to improve operational efficiency. Candidate should have a strong understanding of software and service contract revenue recognition and the ability to research technical accounting literature to provide robust analysis and conclusions.
This role also will be tightly integrated with various parts of the accounting close and audit process. We are looking for someone who has the drive to learn and grow within the Company. The ideal candidate is highly analytical and thrives in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ability to read complex contracts/agreements and identify pertinent terms and issues to provide appropriate accounting guidance and propose solutions given recognition policies and the accounting literature (ASC 606, SAB 101, SAB 104, SOP 97-2, EITF 08-1).
- Collaborate cross functionally with other teams with respect to product launches and pricing changes to provide guidance on technical accounting, policy or process issues in the area of revenue recognition.
- Approve and commit sales orders for revenue recognition and maintain documentation supporting the revenue recognition schedules.
- Work closely with the sales operations and finance teams to improve processes and provide guidance to ensure accurate generation of sales order entry and invoices.
- Run monthly close process for revenue, including preparing JEs, reconciliations, reporting and analysis for revenue, deferred revenue, AR and unbilled receivable accounts. Must be able to calculate and analyze VSOE or ESP for the Company’s products as well as calculate bad debt and sales return reserves in accordance with GAAP.
- Coordinate with outside tax experts and drive the sales tax compliance process to ensure proper and timely reporting in various applicable states, including state registration, voluntary disclosure agreement application, customer communication, etc.
- Manage AR collections, provide monthly AR aging detail report, review cash application, prepare state and local excise and property tax filings, etc.
- Assist with procedure documentation and implementing processes and accounting policies within the company.
- Assist in the preparation of month-end financial reporting, including balance sheet and P&L flux analyses, and support FP&A in data required for metrics analysis.
- Assist with external audits and prepare ad hoc analyses as needed.
- BS/BA degree from a top tier school (Accounting, Finance or Economics).
- At least 2 year of Big 4 audit experience.
- At least 1 to 2 years SaaS industry experience (preferred).
- Certified Public Accountant or on a path to obtain license soon.
- Experience using industry leading SaaS based financial reporting applications.
- Superior analytical, documentation, and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively with a team and suggest improvements to various processes.
- Positive and upbeat personality to work in a dynamic environment with all levels of management and functions
- Strong understanding of accounting and finance principles.
- You'll enjoy coming to work because we have a refreshing company culture that is open, hungry, fun, and global
- A best-in-class product that in one of the fastest-growing & largest market segments
- Access to some of the most innovative companies in the world
- Substantial long-term upside with stock options at a ground-floor opportunity in a category-defining company that is moving into scale mode
- Read about the standard bennies here: https://tray.io/jobs
Tray.io is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.